162nd DRURY ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
The Annual Town Meeting for Drury Township will be held on Tuesday, April 9th beginning promptly at 8:00 pm. Location for the meeting will be at the Drury Township Building. Business at the meeting will include presentation of the annual financial report to the Drury township citizens. If you have business that you would like to present at this meeting, please contact Kim Freyermuth at 309.781.4023 prior to the meeting. One item that we want to discuss at this meeting is the donation of $5,000 to the Veteran's Memorial Display from our Town Fund.
To view the agenda, please go to the Download Center of this website.
A couple of instances have occurred in the township regarding right-of-way for our roads typically occurring in the winter months as it relates to snow removal and keeping our roads clear and safe. Please refer to the Highway Department section on this website for more information as it relates to the right-of-way for your township roads. It's important for all citizens of the township to understand the rules and regulations regarding this.
HELP PRESERVE DRURY TOWNSHIP ROADS!
See information about our Drury township roads in the Highway section of this website.
The following are some highlights of how your tax dollars were spent in 2017-18:
- 2500 tons of rock hauled - this was a decrease over prior year due to the state not providing the motor fuel tax funds to our township
- 325 tons of cinders on icy roads
- 1.5 miles of seal coat laid on our roads
- Applied dust control (tree sap) on numerous roads (Note: The township will pay for $15/ 100 feet of tree sap applied. Contact John Weigel - township officials website- for more information on dust control.)
- Supported the Muscatine Library (Cost = $3,865)
- Provided general assistance to eligible residents of the township
- Have a high school senior that needs more money for college? Check out the Special Services Section of our website for more information on the Township Officials of Illinois (TOI) Scholarship Program. This is always due in March.
- Have trash that your regular service won't pick up? See the Special Services Section for more information about free services provided by Rock Island County.
- The Fire Station now has a warming site with supporting facilities. See the Special Services Section of our website for more information.
DRURY TOWNSHIP INFORMATION
Drury Township was established in 1857. It had served the constituents of Drury Township for over 150 years, working hard to make sure the people of this area have the government services they need. We have the original minutes from 1857 until today. Anyone interested in viewing these can contact one of the elected officials.
Drury Township is in the southwest corner of Rock Island County, located in western part of Illinois. The township is boarded by the Mississippi River on two sides. Illinois Route 92, which crosses into the state of Iowa, is the main state highway access into the township.
The township has approximately 53 miles of roadway. There are over 800 people located in the township.
Please join us for the monthly meetings which are held on the second Wednesday of the month. Meetings are held at the township building at 8:00 pm every month except for November through February when they are held at 7:00 pm.
Click on Calendar of Events at the top of the page for specific meeting dates and other events.
Click on Officials at the top of the page to contact any or all township officials; their addresses and phone numbers are listed there. The elected officials who are serving today have a wide variety of skills which you can find out more about on the Officials link.
Click on Special Services to read about ongoing and new projects in the township.
If you have any questions or concerns about this website, you may contact Kim Freyermuth @ 309.781.4023.